November 2, 2018

Parm Panko Chicken Tenders

Hey Everyone!

It's been awhile since I posted a meal.  I had a baby boy named Evan 16 months ago and life has been crazy!!  He is amazing and exhausting all at the same time.

This recipe for Parm Panko Chicken Tenders came about because I was trying to get Evan to eat more protein.  I figured what was better than chicken tenders.  I wanted to make them baked instead of fried.  The panko really helps to get them crispy without having to fry or use any oil.  Plus he loves cheese so that was an easy add.

I make a big batch of them then freeze half.  To reheat them, I use the toaster oven.  My advice is to cook them to 165 exactly.  That way they won't be dry when you reheat them.

Because they freeze so well, this would work as an awesome freezer meal.  Just bring a salad and a side and you are all set.

Parm Panko Chicken Tenders

Ingredients

1lb chicken breast or tenders (I personally use breasts and cut them up.  Way less expensive)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 egg
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parm (I used green can, but you can use fresh shredded too)
1 tablespoon water
garlic/onion salt(I get one from Trader Joe's that rocks!)
pepper
cooking spray

Directions

Preheat over to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil.  Spray a cooling rack with cooking spray and put on top.  By cooking the tenders on a cooling rack, you don't have to flip them and they get crispy on both sides.

Make your breading assembly line in this order.
1.  Chicken cut into tender strips
2.  All Purpose flour seasoned with garlic/onion salt and pepper
3.  Egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
4.  Panko mixed with parm


Breading assembly line
Now bread each piece of chicken and place on cooling rack.  My tip is to use only one hand.  That way you have a hand free in the end when you need to wash up.  Make sure to leave room around the chicken when you put it on the rack.

Ready to bake
Bake chicken for around 15 minutes.  You want the internal temp to be 165.  Do not over bake!!

All finished!
I hope you enjoy this recipe.  Comment below if you give it a try.  Don't forget to make an extra batch and give it to someone that could use a nice meal <3 p="">



No comments:

Post a Comment