August 6, 2015

Slow Cooker Greek Chicken

Hello everyone! I've got a freezer meal coming soon for you but today I wanted to share a slow cooker meal that I made over the weekend. I love using the slow cooker during the summer when it's hot but you don't want to heat up your house.

I got the basis of the recipe here: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-with-tomatoes-and-artichokes/12b3ec32-5534-44d3-a488-02f8afa0621b

I tweaked the recipe to make it more tasty!!

Slow Cooker Greek Chicken

Ingredients

1 1/2 to 2 pounds chicken tenders(they were on sale but any other skinless boneless chicken would work, just cut it up)
1 tablespoon Greek seasoning(I love this one: https://www.penzeys.com/online-catalog/greek-seasoning/c-24/p-411/pd-s
1/2 cup of green olives, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 jar of marinated artichokes, drained(or you could use a can of quartered artichokes)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Crumbled feta cheese


Directions

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner(I <3 these). Add the first 6 ingredients to slow cooker. Stir everything up so it is all combined as shown below.



Cover; cook on low heat for around 5 hours. Serve meal in shallow bowls, sprinkled with feta and parsley.



Let me know if you try this meal out! I want to hear from you:)

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantabulous. I'll certainly plan on giving it a run! Thanks for the inspiration. Marcus Hebbardicus

    ReplyDelete