March 6, 2013

Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy


Hey everyone!   Just a quick recipe tonight.  No pictures needed(its that easy!).  So my grocery store had a good sale on cube steak this week and I thought I'd find a good freezer meal recipe for it.  I found this recipe here:  http://steveandlindseypeterson.blogspot.com/2013/01/crockpot-freezer-meals.html

I adapted it to make it a little more healthy.   Here's what I used:

CROCKPOT CUBE STEAK AND GRAVY

Family size pack cube steak
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup(I used regular but you could use low fat too)
2 tablespoons of dried chopped onion
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 cup water
pepper to taste

Instructions:

In a gallon freezer bag, combine all the ingredients.  (I put the full bag in another bag just to make sure it didn't explode in my freezer!!)  Freeze until ready for use.  Let thaw for 24 hours in the fridge before putting in the crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.

Just a note:  In the original recipe they call for an envelope of onion soup mix.  I omitted this because it has a very high amount of salt.  There is already a high amount of salt in the soup.  I decided to make my own onion mix with no salt.

One more note:  You can also just skip the freezing step and put the combined ingredients directly into the crockpot and cook.

Hope you enjoy this one or chose to make it for someone you know needs a meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment